Thursday 21 October 2021

WANDA THE POET (DEEP CUT)

 



I still remember,

The damn chilly dawns,

Running to wait for you beside the river,

Knowing you'd show up to collect water,

You'd fall in my arms with lightning speed.


I knew I found gold,

The most beautiful treasure,

I was the happiest man alive,

Your smile always lighted my heart,

The rainbow that held a promise to me.


How could you?

I fenced my orchard,

I planted cactus all round my fruits,

I was waiting to harvest from my labour,

Later I came to realize they've turned sour.


I brought you flowers in a glass,

But you left it to fall and break,

Then you took the pieces of glass,

Towards my heart you sunk them deep,

You didn't even listen to my screams and cries.


You were already in someone's arms,

I was a fool dreaming alone,

Stubborn never to listen to anyone,

You stole my heart and left me hollow,

I thought it was a day dreaming.


I knew I wouldn't stand again,......

Continue reading this blog post here 👇

Like, comment, follow and share.


https://wandasinkpen.wordpress.com/2021/10/20/deep-cut/


Email: shokoshugitakeshi@gmail.com

Name: Kennedy Ochieng

Country Kenya 🇰🇪

#Hunters Media House

No comments:

Know your artist ( Bhekinkosi Mabhena) DJ NITEFREAK

Nitefreak, born Bheki Mabhena, was born and raised in Barbourfields, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, in September 1991. This was where he developed a ...