Wednesday 27 October 2021

Poem By Ambassador Zenzo Siziba ( My City Bulawayo)


 

My city, my town

The day u were birthed

No one regretted


My City

The glory of both the young and old

a site for everyone to behold


My city

A place of great edifices


a town with wonderful places


Four and two-legged machines

Fills this land unconditionally

A place of constant influx


Beautiful lush green grass

Filled the lawns at every corner

Bridges everywhere

as long as monumental caterpillars


Masts of every network

as tall as the Eiffel Tower of Paris,

A total amazement..


My city,

A beauty to uphold,

Now a story yet untold

My city, oh my town

You are losing your luster,

colour and radiance

That made humans of all race

want to advance, to seek solace


My city, My town

The land that brought memories

of neighborliness,

Everyone, together as of same parents


Awake from your slumber

Oh my great city, 'The Garden-City'

The crown princess of Rivers state

Why do you constantly hibernate?


Wake up

My city, my town,

Be like David,

Defeat this Goliath called GREED!

Show your feat

and make this enemy face the heatpoem 

1 comment:

lisbenncube@gmail.com said...

Siyabulela jaha lakithi...

Know your artist ( Bhekinkosi Mabhena) DJ NITEFREAK

Nitefreak, born Bheki Mabhena, was born and raised in Barbourfields, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, in September 1991. This was where he developed a ...